Hot melt adhesives
Hot melt adhesives are a type of adhesive commonly used in various industries. They are made from multiple materials, including synthetic resins, waxes, and oils. Hot melt adhesives have many benefits over other adhesives, including their quick set time, muscular bond strength, and flexibility.
What are hot-melt adhesives?
Hot-melt adhesives in the manufacturing of master cartons
(ii) water or solvent-based adhesives.
Staples vs Hot-melt adhesives
2. The material cost reduces by over 60% when using hot glue compared to staples.
3. Also, the stapling process cannot be fully automated for the high-speed production of master cartons.
4. Staples are made of iron; they rust very quickly, which is not acceptable for shipping a wide variety of goods. Stapled boxes are also not allowed for the packaging of items for exports. Non-rusting staple pins cost way more, usually made of SS or brass. Stapling is also not a recycling-compatible process.
Water/solvent-based adhesives vs Hot-melt adhesives
2. However, such adhesives take a very long time to dry and hence add a lot of delay and cost in manufacturing cartons.
3. Also, these adhesives have a high content of volatile organic compounds, which are not environmentally friendly.
4. With their quick drying properties, Hot-melt adhesives provide a massive advantage in time-saving at a similar cost